If you have been using the WooCommerce Wholesale Prices Premium for a while, you might be familiar with the Disable Coupons For Wholesale Users feature which disables the coupons functionality for customers with a wholesale user role.
However, there may be some instances when you want to give your wholesale customers extra discounts and this is where the coupons would come in handy.
Restricting a coupon to specific user roles is super easy with the Advanced Coupons For WooCommerce plugin. Here is how to do it:
- Install and activate the Advanced Coupons For WooCommerce Free plugin from here.
- Make sure you have enabled the use of coupons from WooCommerce > Settings > General tab > tick the checkbox of the Enable the use of coupon codes option
- Create a new coupon from Coupons > Add New
- From the Coupon data box, click the Role Restriction tab and tick the box to enable the role restrictions
- For the Type, choose Allowed then select which wholesale user roles can use this coupon
Now, you can test this coupon and check if only users with the selected user roles can use it.
On the other hand, if you do not want wholesale customers to use this coupon, choose Disallowed for the Role Restriction Type and select which user roles are not allowed to use this coupon.
This feature is also great for testing your coupons before sharing them with your customers. Simply restrict the coupon to the Administrator user role then test the coupon to make sure it works as expected.
If you need to set certain cart conditions, create a BOGO Deal or give an automatically added free product, you are going to love the Advanced Coupons For WooCommerce Premium! It has tons of features that enable you to be flexible when creating coupons.