Hey store owners!
We’re really happy to announce that in version 1.16 of WooCommerce Wholesale Order Form we’ve released a brand BETA new version of the upcoming version 2.
What’s new in 1.16?
In version 1.16 we’ve really made some great strides with the latest version of Order Form. Here’s some of the cool stuff we’ve been working on:
1. Multiple Forms
Previously, when you installed Order Form, there was just one form. That was it.
In version 2, we’re shooting for being able to create multiple Order Forms in many different configurations.
You’ll also be able to add form anywhere, including multiple forms on one page if you really want.
2. Drag and Drop Configurable Forms
And since we’re now able to have multiple forms, we decided to build a form builder which you can drag and drop elements around into place in the header, table, and footer sections.
It’s a better way to be able to alter the configuration of order forms, create new order forms easily, and tweak settings of parts of your order form in a more intuitive way.
It’s a preview of what kind of fun things are coming with our other plugins too (we’re looking at you Lead Capture 👀 )
3. Front End React
There’s still a little way to go on the journey to version 2 of WooCommerce Wholesale Order Form, but we’re really excited to release these beta features to you today.
We’re aiming to have a release candidate ready by the end of Q3 and a version 2.0 release at the end of the year.
How To Use The Beta Version
Firstly, we don’t recommend using the beta version on your live website, as it’s still a beta version and there’s things that don’t quite work 100% yet and things that might be a little janky.
But we do hope that won’t discourage you from checking it out on your staging site.
To do so you’ll need to do a few short steps:
- Create a WooCommerce API key
- Go to WooCommerce->Settings, Wholesale Ordering tab, then click on Beta in the submenu and enter those API keys you just created.
- Check the box that says “Enable React JS Order Form” and save.
- Create a form by going to WooCommerce->Order Forms, and click “Add Form“.
- Design your new form and once done, Publish the form.
- Once the form is published, it will have a Shortcode. Copy it from the form and place that onto a new page to see your form on the front end.
Compatibility With WooCommerce Wholesale Prices & Prices Premium
This latest beta release introduces better compatibility with WooCommerce Wholesale Prices & Prices Premium.
You will need to ensure you have also updated your WooCommerce Wholesale Prices Premium to at least version 1.24.4 to take advantage of the compatibility between those plugins.