If you run an online wholesale business, you probably already know how challenging it can be to juggle everything. Between managing inventory, billing, and shipping, the to-do list is seemingly never-ending.
Fortunately, many software options can make the distribution process easier. Wholesale distribution software can help with operations such as order management and billing. It allows you to control and customize your workflow and gives you more time to expand other areas of your business.
This post will discuss wholesale distribution software and why it’s essential for your business. Then, we’ll recommend the best wholesale distribution software and look at the features and benefits of these solutions. Let’s dive in!
An Introduction To Wholesale Distribution Software
Wholesale commerce has been on the rise in recent years. The industry has increased more than 4 percent every year since 2017 in the U.S. alone, with its trajectory expected to grow.
If you own an online wholesale business, you’re likely looking to optimize your operations. That’s where wholesale distribution software can help. It takes essential processes for your business and simplifies them.
Wholesale distribution software can streamline shipping management, inventory processing, and financial management workflows. For example, it might automatically reorder stock from a vendor when your inventory level drops to a certain point.
The majority of wholesale distributors use numerous platforms to manage their operations. Using distribution software means you don’t keep track of multiple tools.
Almost any wholesale business can benefit from using distribution software. At its core, the software can improve and speed up your operations. This can ultimately help you expand your online business and increase sales.
Why Wholesale Distribution Software Is Essential
Wholesale distribution software can handle important business processes such as shipping, manufacturing, financial management, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). It can join them into a single package where data is shared.
There are many ways your wholesale store could benefit from using distribution software. These include:
- Reduced operation costs
- Simplified sales processes
- Streamlined supply chain operations
- Optimized inventory management
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction
Ultimately, this software can take necessary tasks off your hand. This automation can decrease manual work so that you and your employees have more time to run other areas of your business.
The 5 Best Wholesale Distribution Software For Online Sales
The best software for wholesalers offers everything you need to run your company operations smoothly. When choosing a solution for your business, it is important to look for software with features such as billing and invoice automation, inventory management, and CRM tools.
Here are the top five wholesale distribution software options for your online store!
Wholesale Suite is our premium WooCommerce plugin with unique wholesale features for your store. You can use it to add pricing, additional user roles for wholesale, and product visibility restrictions. Our plugin can also control minimum order requirements, wholesale shipping, and payment options.
You can consolidate your entire wholesale business online to streamline processes and make more profits. Wholesale Suite also improves user experience with its efficient AJAX-driven, mobile-friendly ordering interface.
- Efficiently manage wholesale pricing across multiple levels.
- Control product visibility by user role.
- Use minimum purchase rules to easily enforce order and product minimums.
- Utilize a wholesale order form that streamlines one-page ordering.
Pricing: Check out our pricing page for more information.
NetSuite is a cloud solution management system for wholesale businesses. It uses software that consolidates operations and automates procedures for your store.
This tool has inventory tracking, order fulfillment, and supplier and vendor relationship management. All of these processes help streamline essential tasks. Companies from many industries, including retail, energy, and manufacturing, can benefit from using NetSuite.
However, the Netsuite interface is not very intuitive. This can detract from the user experience, especially if you’re a beginner.
- Manage order, vendor, and warehouse optimization tasks.
- Use the omnichannel commerce feature to reach customers online, by phone, or over email.
- Access supply chain portals for your vendors, customers, and sales partners to maximize efficiency.
- Plan, budget, and analyze finances.
Pricing: You can contact Netsuite for pricing estimates for your wholesale business.
BlueCart offers wholesale distribution software for restaurant, food, and hospitality businesses. It combines order management, billing automation, subscription management, and e-commerce marketing. Together, these core functions can simplify your wholesale business operations.
It features digital catalog software that lets you easily change your product catalog and update your prices. BlueCart also provides a variety of warehouse operations solutions and a built-in CRM.
A potential drawback of using BlueCart is that some users experience glitches with the software. Unfortunately, this can cause delays when placing orders.
- Use inventory, recurring billing, and route and delivery management features.
- Access order fulfillment settings.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Utilize unlimited storefronts and digital catalogs.
Pricing: Wholesale businesses and enterprises can schedule a call with BlueCart for pricing information.
QuickBooks is a distribution platform suited to small to medium-sized businesses. It uses cloud-based technology and provides a portal where clients can contact the help team for support.
It is user-friendly and has an interface that is easy to learn. You can also access QuickBooks from any device, including smartphones and tablets. Additionally, QuickBooks is suitable for almost any wholesale industry, including healthcare, food and beverage, and electronics.
However, Quickbooks lacks certain industry-specific features. Therefore, it could be a poor option if you need highly-specialized software.
- Centralize vendor information through a single source.
- Automate inventory management with mobile barcode scanning.
- Streamline order management.
- Use landed cost calculations to protect your profit margins.
Pricing: QuickBooks plans start at $1,740 per year for the Gold plan.
5. SYSPRO ERP
SYSPRO ERP offers a modular solution. It allows larger wholesale businesses to design systems according to their needs. This technology can make your business digital and streamline your supply chain.
It is a solution that benefits businesses with more extensive distribution and manufacturing functions. Furthermore, SYSPRO ERP is suitable for various industries, including electronics, metal fabrication, and food and beverage.
However, performing upgrades with the SYSPRO ERP software requires careful research and can be challenging. Therefore, it’s probably not the best option for beginners.
- Use cost tracking to monitor and identify product prices.
- Manage orders and streamline the order-to-delivery process.
- Utilize the sales analysis tool to predict product sales trends.
- Optimize inventory and automatically monitor KPIs.
Pricing: You can contact SYSPRO ERP directly for pricing information.
Running a wholesale business can be a lot of work. Fortunately, wholesale distribution software can help you save time and reduce manual operations. Utilizing this software lets you focus on boosting sales and growing your business.
To recap, here are the top five wholesale distribution software options:
- Wholesale Suite: Our tool helps you add wholesale pricing, product visibility restrictions, and minimum order requirements.
- NetSuite: A cloud-based solution that automates essential procedures.
- BlueCart: Offers wholesale distribution software for restaurant, food, and hospitality businesses.
- QuickBooks: A cloud-based distribution platform for small to medium-sized wholesale businesses.
- SYSPRO ERP: A solution for larger wholesale businesses to streamline supply chains and digitalize procedures.
Do you have any questions about choosing wholesale distribution software for your online store? Let us know in the comments section below!